LOCATION: Cyclades Islands, Greece
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 31st
2018 SESSION DATES: JULY-SEPTEMBER *
*Exact dates will be announced to applicants accepted into the the final round of the review process.
More information about our Summer 2018 program can be found here.
Applications must include the following:
CV - Your current CV (700 words max)
STATEMENT - A general statement about your work and brief explanation of your submitted images or text. (500 words max)
WORK SAMPLES - A portfolio of your recent work submitted via web link (Dropbox, Vimeo, YouTube, Google Drive or other similar web services are all acceptable. Personal website links will not be accepted)
Visual artists may submit work samples as one of the following: 12 images, 4 video clips, or a combination of 6 images and 2 video clips
Images must be saved as JPEGS and sized at a maximum of 1500 px (height or width) at 72 dpi. Images should be named as Last Name_First Name_01.jpg, Last Name_First Name_02.jpg
Video, film and performance artists may submit video clips as Vimeo or YouTube links. Please indicate cue point if longer than 10 minutes.
WORK SAMPLE INVENTORY - A work sample inventory document containing details of corresponding submitted works. Include title, medium, size and date for each submitted work.
Acceptable formats: .pdf only
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program .
- Applicants must have a working knowledge of English.
- An academic background in art is not required.
- Students are permitted to apply, but Offshore does not offer any school credit.
- Applicants from all geographic locations, ages, ethnicities and identities are welcome and encouraged to apply.
The 2018 application period is November 1, 2017 - January 31, 2018.
The application deadline is January 31, 2018 at 11:59PM EST (23:59). The 2018 application fee amount is determined by the date that you choose to submit your application.
- The fee is $20 if you apply between November 1 and November 30, 2017.
- The fee is $30 if you apply between December 1 and December 31, 2017.
- The fee is $35 if you apply between January 1, 2017 and January 31, 2018.
All fee increases will occur at 11:59PM (EST) on the last day of each payment bracket. All dates and times are EST.
TUITION & TRAVEL
- Accepted residents will be required to pay a fee of $250 to participate in the program. This is to assist with a portion of the administrative and operational costs.
- Travel expenses to and from the program are the responsibility of the resident.